We Don't Bite.
We are a team of highly experienced researchers and designers that is simply fascinated by how people interact with websites and software (and, really, anything else!). For over 15 years, we have worked with major Global Brands (as well as startups, non-profits, and many others) to help them deliver engaging, effective user experiences to their audiences and customers.
Catalyst was founded in 1998 by Jon Mysel and Peter Hughes (who met at the renowned Australian Usability firm The Hiser Group). Peter and Jon were joined by CEO Nick Gould, a former client of the firm, in the year 2000. Since then we have gradually expanded our service offering and our team of experts, growing organically to accommodate an increasing awareness of the benefits of usability and user experience design among market leading brands. We are proud of our history and look forward to discussing our qualifications with you.
- Offer every client our best work; work that is innovative and creative and aims for tangible beneficial outcomes.
- Hold ourselves, and our colleagues, to the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
- Seek opportunities to extend our ability to solve the problems of our clients and their customers.
- Respect our colleagues' personal commitments and help them to balance these with the needs of the company.
- Support our colleagues' professional growth in the areas that are meaningful to them.
- Strive to foster a positive and constructive attitude towards our work and our relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Constantly re-examine and reconsider our methods and work product in order to improve the effectiveness of our services.
Morae is the gold standard for usability lab technology. We have been a Morae partner and a test bed for many new Morae functions since we opened our own lab 5 years ago.
Makers of market-leader eyetracking systems, we have become closely affiliated with the team at Tobii and very much enjoy exploring and expanding the usefulness of this exciting technology.
Traversal is our coding SWAT team, and they haven’t met a UI challenge yet that they couldn’t lick. Experts at a dizzying array of programming languages and CMS platforms, they make our UI designs sing!
Content is an integral aspect of successful user experience, so we partner with the experts at She & Me to assist our clients with the development of successful editorial strategies, content product development, and planning for the management of content creation teams.