The User Experience Consultant defines the user experience for our clients’ digital products, solving client design problems using a variety of tools and techniques. They typically collaborate with a Senior User Experience Consultant on projects (in addition to other Catalyst team members).
- Defines user interfaces and interaction flows for interactive digital products and services, for Web, mobile, tablet, and other applications.
- Responds to requirements and design objectives through the creation of artifacts that could include strategic vision briefs, site maps, conceptual sketches, wireframes, content inventories, and other artifacts.
- Presents design solutions to internal teams and clients.
- Plans and conducts a range of primary and secondary research activities, using a variety of research techniques and tools.
- Analyzes and synthesizes research data in order to develop a compelling and strategic vision for clients.
- Conducts application reviews, competitor reviews, content inventories, and contextual interviews.
- Acts as a thought leader by participating in the company’s blogging, tweeting, conference presentations, and the like.
- Performs some or all of the functions of a researcher or senior researcher.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Master’s degree preferred. Degree in user experience, interaction design or a related field preferred.
Two or more years’ experience as an interaction designer, user experience designer, user interface designer, information architect, usability researcher or the equivalent.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment, working with business and development teams to define and implement design solutions.
- Familiarity with current and emerging techniques in interaction design, information architecture, user research and UX strategy.
- Strong ability designing experiences across a variety of platforms and screen sizes. Responsive design experience is an asset.
- Understanding of the technical capabilities and limitations of Web and application interface development languages.
- Ability to generate strategic insights and develop concepts that yield compelling experiences.
- Understanding of the physical, cognitive, cultural and social factors that affect interactive design decisions.
- Ability to assist with a range of primary and secondary research activities using a variety of techniques.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with standard UX diagramming and prototyping tools, as well as Microsoft Office suite.
- A portfolio that reflects the range of your skills.
We offer a fun, entrepreneurial and business-casual work environment, with a team atmosphere and competitive salaries. Your benefits include health, vision, dental and life insurance. We offer company matched 401k and an incredible work environment with a cadre of the industry’s top talent.